2-days – £495 + vat
The move from just carrying out your own tasks to managing the others can often be daunting.
This 2 day Management Skills Training course provides a comprehensive overview of the new techniques and skills you need to master in order to succeed as a New Manager.
Management Skills for New Managers Course Objectives
This Management Skills training course uses real world scenarios to provide recently appointed Managerswith the skills required to make the move from working alongside their colleagues to motivating and managing them to work for you.
Management Skills for New Managers Course Content
How to Manage Yourself
What is The Role of the Manager?
- What do effective managers do?
- Descriptions of the role of manager
- Action centred leadership
Leadership v Management
- The communication process
- What makes someone difficult
- Communication impact
- Effective communication
- Verbal communication
- Non verbal communication
- Body Language
- What am I here for?
- Typical procrastinators & time wasters
- The Time Management Grid
- Establishing priorities
- Principles for effective personal time management
- 30 ways to make more time
How to Manage Others
- What is delegation
- The advantages of delegation
- Do you need to delegate more?
- What to delegate
- Why managers don’t delegate
- The performance appraisal cycle
- The managers role
- Setting objectives
- Making objectives SMART
- How do I handle conflict?
- Identifying the different types of conflict & problems
- Systematic approach to managing conflict and solving problems
- Conflict management styles
- Skills / attributes for managing conflict
- Theories of motivation
- Team briefing